Available to young persons aged 7 - 14.
The overall goal of Junior Soldiers is to make sure our Salvation Army children have personally received Jesus Christ as their Savior and that they begin to be discipled in biblical truths, life applications, and Salvation Army principles and practices. We desire for them to mature as continually developing followers of Christ and active soldiers of The Salvation Army.
Some of the main objectives of the Junior Soldier program are:
- To help the Junior Soldier develop spiritual awareness.
- To increase their knowledge of the Bible.
- To five the Junior Soldier guidance in developing a lifestyle appropriate to their Christian faith.
- To offer instruction in Salvation Army history, principles and practices.
- To give the Junior Soldier opportunities for leadership and participation in various aspects of service.
Junior Soldier Promise
"Having asked God for forgiveness, I will trust Him to keep me good. Because Jesus is my Savior from sin, I will be His loving and obedient child and will try to help others to follow Him. I promise not to use intoxicating drink, harmful drugs and tobacco. I promise to pray, to read my Bible, and, by His help, to lead a life that is clean in thought, word and deed."